Monday, September 1, 2014

Color Me RAD

Well we did it.... We as a family walked, jogged and ran the Color Me RAD 5k. We started off walking together and quickly separated. Mike was pushing the double stroller with Camilla and Deklin and could walk much faster than Brody and I.
Brody absolutely loved being able to get covered in the color. He was singing and laughing and just simply enjoying be there. That is what took a lot of our time. The first half of the race was uphill and the second was coming back down that same hill. Mike was pretty far ahead of us. So I convinced Brody to run down the hill.  He was having fun until he realized that he was getting tired. So I kept trying to keep him running and he was not very happy with me. At one point I told him to be positive and to just keep saying that he can do it, and he is so strong. He made another negative comment like he can't do it and that he was not strong. I retold him he could do it. He then told me very matter of fact "I am not being negative I am just telling you the truth, I'm not strong". I just had to laugh at him.
We caught up with Mike and we were able to cross the finish line together and we loved it.  We might plan on doing a 5k again.

Camilla loved it and wanted to run, but we just didn't want her to get lost in the crowd. She loved being able to run around at the end of the race with her color pack...

They are so cute!

No comments: