Monday, August 15, 2011

Brody turns 3!!!

Well it has been a crazy summer and I am just now getting around to posting about Brody getting so big and turning 3 he turned 3 in May! I know I suck!!!! I love that he can show me how old he is now and that he can count to 3 on his fingers. He is just growing so fast, it seems that he just keeps getting taller and taller. He is now in size 4-5 pants and sometimes even they seem short. He wants to be such a big boy, if I even say that he is my little boy he will firmly correct me and tell me "I'm not a baby, I a big boy". He wants to do as his older cousins and friends do, like play on the wii or play on the game boys all by himself. He knows how to play some of the phone games better than us adults do. We have to make a rule that he ask before he uses any of the cell phones to play with, because he will start playing and run the batteries dry! He now hums the music from the games. He is my little or "big boy" (as he would tell me) singer, I could come home from summer camp and teach him fun camp songs and he will be singing them to himself as he plays, he loves to sing Old MacDonald and Defiying Gravity! I know we must listen to that song way to much, but it is great to see him belt it out!

He is getting so big and is being so protective of Camilla, when other people are involved, but he can pick on her all he wants. He loves to play and tickle Camilla and make her laugh. He is such a good big brother.

Brody is starting to be a mommy's little helper! He loves to clean up the dishes when I am doing them. He loves to sweep and mop. He is always willing to pick up after him and Camilla. Most of the time it is cheerfully too! Which I love!!!!

He is having a little bit of a speech problem so we have been able to put him into a pre-school that he will be in speech therapy through our school district and he is getting so excited about it. We met his teacher today and he already feels comfortable around her. I really think he is bored and I am just mom and he does not want to do anything that I ask him to do, even if it is going to be fun. He is my little social butterfly and I think he will just thrive with new friends and a new setting. I really cannot wait to understand him better. So we don't have to play the guessing game of what he wants or needs. It is very odd to know that he will be starting school in a couple of days and I am finally realizing that he is really getting to be a big boy! Even if I don't want him to! I am excited to see him grow more!

Brody loving sticking his tongue out for the camera, and standing in front of the door! He was pretty excited to be going to pre-school. He really couldn't wait. We took him to school his first day, but he normally gets to ride the bus!


I think his face tells it all on how excited he is to be riding the bus to school.


Well here are some other pictures of his birthday cake and him getting so Big!!!

Brody at the Aquarium! He loved all the fish but especially "Nemo and Dori"



Playing with the canon at Old Bents Fort



Brody's cake and him loving the cake! He has so much fun swimming we thought it would be fun to make him a swimming pool cake! He even named the kids on the cake! So is so funny.




I love to mow the lawn. He wants to be just like daddy. And I can't wait until he can really mow the lawn.



He loves panning for gold and finding special rocks. Guess he is just like grandpa and is going to be a rock hound!!!!



We all love being together outside looking for animals. He decided because he did not have binaculars that he will make them himself, that is what he is doing with his hands on his eyes. He is so creative!

1 comment:

Kay Jones said...

Love your blog. Hope things are going good for you, and all your hopes for the future are turning out good. You are special folks and I love you. Tell Brody I love him, from grandma Kay.