Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Garden!

We are both real excited to be living somewhere with a back yard and a place we can have a garden. I can truly say I never thought I would ever say that I ever wanted a garden. I just remember not being very happy when I had to weed. Mike really was the one pushing for the garden and asking my parents if we could have one, they did not mind at all, such a silly question. In my mind Mike was the one that really wanted it so I thought he would be doing more with it, that is not true. I really like to do things with my hands and to see progress of something that can be so tangible, that I enjoy. I really like going out early in the morning while it is still cool and weeding. I have great conversations with myself. I love getting my hands nice and dirty. Looking back I really don't think it was the weeding that was the problem, I think it was the time I was unable to spend with my friends that I did not like.
Our little garden
Tomatoes, lettuce and radishes
Green Beans
Squash, can you see the little one growing?

We also have been trying to help my parents with some changes they want done with their yard. We have made a new flower bed, planted new plants, put some grass under the swing set and just keeping up on the maintenance.
The new flower bed
We enjoy the beauty of it. And love having a place Brody can just run and play. And that he does! If we'd let him he would play out back all day everyday. And really Camilla is always happy out there too.

No comments: