Thursday, January 8, 2009

CrAzy iDeAs!!!

This year we decided to have a goal of being more resourceful. This meaning that we are trying to cut down in ways that will be more beneficial to us. So we thought we could save money by making more instead of buying more. We already have been making Brody’s baby food, so we thought sure; let’s make home made bread. This will help us to cut down a little more. Great idea right????

Well the thing with this idea is that I have never made bread without a bread machine or all by myself. So I found a recipe that looked pretty easy so I thought I would try it today. Just a side note I don’t even have a mixer that has the dough attachments. So I did pretty much all of it by hand. It is a nice work out for your arms that’s for sure.

Here is what they look like…














Oh sure they don't look to bad, but they don't look the best either. We have tasted them and well they need a lot of work. I guess I need to work on it just alittle bit. Ok practice makes perfect.

I am thinking that this was a crazy idea, and I am just not domestic enough. I might try it again when these loaves are finished. We might have to go feed the ducks somewhere with the left over bread. And hope it does not kill them.

Really, it was a fun experience and I will probably try it again! Someday....

4 comments:

Merilee said...

Hey, they look good to me! That's way better than I could do!

The Lee Clan said...

They look like my first loaves! Don't feed the ducks, make french toast! Everything always taste better with syrup! Love ya!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Merilee told me you had a blog, so I had to check it out! How fun! And what a cute little boy you have! And thanks for the facebook message. I stink at facebook. But I blog. chrisjenjo.blogspot.com

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

Elena- I just discovered your blog. You've got a cute little guy there! I don't think I even knew you had a baby! Good luck on that bread; it looks better than my first attempts so you must be doing something right!